Grosche - Heisenberg Syphon Coffee Maker
Siphon coffee, also known as vacuum coffee, vac pots, syphon brewed coffee, etc., has been around for years.
A French housewife and German engineer invented this in the 1930’s. They first discovered coffee tasted best when it wasn’t’ boiled and pulled under a vacuum.
How to make siphon coffee in 10 easy steps
What you’ll need:
Siphon coffee recipe step by step:
1) Start by attaching the filter’s spring clip to the bottom tube of the funnel. This keeps the filter secure and prevents any grinds from passing through.
2) Next add 400 g of pre-heated filtered water to the bottom bulb.You can fill it to the 400 ml marker or use a weigh scale to get to 400 grams.
3) Then fill the alcohol burner with fondue oil, making sure the wick sticks out from the top when you put the lid back on. Then you’ll see the wick start to change color as it absorbs the colored fuel/oil. Honestly, it looks really cool when it does that.
4) After that carefully light the wick and apply heat by placing the burner under the globe.
5) Next, place the top funnel on an angle into the globe while the water starts to heat.
6) After that, measure and grind 30 g of coffee medium-coarse (the size of table salt). For best results, grind coffee right before each brew. You can adjust coffee amounts up or down depending on your flavor preference up to 40 grams for super strong coffee.
7) Then secure the top funnel into the bottom when you see the water in the bottom globe start to bubble. The water will slowly make its way into the funnel. When most of the water has made its way up to the top filter (a little should remain at the bottom), add the grinds and stir.
8) Stir the coffee well, ensuring all the grinds become saturated. Let the coffee sit, untouched for one minute. Remove the heat source and stir the coffee grinds approximately 10 times for complete saturated immersion brewing.
9) The coffee will begin to filter into the globe. This process is called the “draw-down” and typically takes about a minute to finish. Remove the funnel and place it in the lid which has a holder built in.
10) Finally you’re ready to serve and enjoy!